Space-sim Elite Dangerous is getting another free update at the end of this month: Beyond – Chapter Two. The new patch will be available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One from June 28, 2018.
Frontier Developments has detailed a few of the tweaks coming along with the patch, which will introduce a new ship, as well as touching on Wing Missions, Installations and Tech Brokers.
While none of the updates are totally game-changing, they make going about your spacey business a little easier and a little more fun. This is a smaller release than the first Beyond chapter – which made much-requested changes to Crime and Punishment, engineers and trading – but there are bigger changes planned to drop in the last six months of this year. Probably the headline update is the Alliance Challenger, a brand-new ship for you to pilot. It’s a front-line dogfighter with decent armour, which is always a good combination. To balance its power-level though, Thargoids will be given new Scout ships that can buff their allied Scouts to make them stronger in battle.
A more complete summary of changes will be circulated via a changelog closer to release, but for now, everything that’s been confirmed to be coming with the update is below:
Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter 2
- New Ship: Challenger
The Alliance continue to refine their warships in the face of the looming Thargoid threat. The Alliance Challenger, envisaged as a frontline combat vessel, has stronger armour than its Chieftain counterpart and will be able to soak up a significant amount of punishment.
- Wing Missions
First introduced in Chapter One of Beyond, we are introducing a Wing Mining Missions for you and your fellow Commanders to take on!
- Installation Interactions
In a similar fashion to the Megaship interactions, which were introduced in Chapter One, Commanders will now be able to scan and interact with Space Installations:
- Scan – Scanning the installation will allow Commanders to see what they can interact with: Turrets, Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
- Turret hack – Disable turrets protecting other potential hackable points. This will deactivate security measures put in place to protect the Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
- Comms array – Get tradable data from the Comms Array.
- Cargo bay – Fire a limpet on the Cargo Bay to unlock and steal commodities and materials.
- Tech Broker :Tech Brokers will allow commanders to unlock large weapons versions of the existing guardian tech weapons. These Tech Brokers will issue blueprint requests to collect Guardian data as well as materials and then, once delivered, will unlock certain Guardian modules of weapons for purchase. Will you turn you weapons on Thargoid or use them to pirate rival Commanders?
- Thargoid : Thargoids continue to be an intergalactic menace! With the Alliance introducing a new ship, the Thargoids intend to up their game too, introducing new Scouts that will buff other Scouts and increase their combat efficiency.
Author: By James Billcliffe - Source: vg247.com (https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/01/elite-dangerous-beyond-chapter-two-free-update-release-date/)